Eligibility for MBBS
Candidate should have completed the age of 17 years on or before the first day of July of academic year in which the candidate is seeking admission.
a. The Higher Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate examination which is equivalent to 10 + 2 Higher Secondary. The study should comprise of Physics Chemistry and Biology with English.
b. The Intermediate examination in science of an Indian University Board.
c. The pre-Professional / pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination.
d. The first year of the three years degree course of a recognized University with physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in these subjects.
Selection of Students: Merit basis: -
• Candidate must have obtained not less than 50% marks in English and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together both at qualifying and competitive examinations.
• For Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes (OBC) the marks obtained are read as 40% instead of 50% Candidates who have passed any qualifying examination shall obtain an eligibility certificate from the University.
• Cut – Off Date for Admission for I Year MBBS Course is 30th September every year.
ACADEMIC YEAR, ACADEMIC TERM & DURATION OF COURSE OF STUDY
• The academic year commences from 1st August every year.
• The Academic Term for every Student shall be a certified period of study extending over 41/2 academic years followed by one year of Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship.
• First MBBS - 1 year
• Second MBBS - 1 ½ year
• Third MBBS - Part - 1 - 1 year
• Third MBBS - Part - 2 - 1 Year
• One year of compulsory Rotatory Resident Internship
Eligibility for PG Courses
The candidate must possess recognized MBBS degree and should have obtained permanent Registration as medical practitioners with the Medical Council of India or any of the State Medical Councils.
In the case of foreign nationals holding non-schedule foreign medical qualifications, they must have temporary Registration (issued by Medical Council of India) for the duration of their postgraduate Training restricted to the medical college / institution to which they are admitted for the time being for post graduate studies and for no other purpose.
Selection of students
The students applying for PG degrees/PG (Dip)/ Higher Specialties courses under Vinayaka Missions University shall be selected based on “ALL INDIA ENTRANCE EXAMINATION” conducted by this University.
Candidates who have passed any qualifying examination shall obtain an eligibility certificate from this university by remitting the prescribed fee along with the application form before seeking admission to the Medical Institutions.
Last Date for Admission
The last date for Admission to I Year of PG degree / diplomas is 31st May every year.
The last date for Admission to I Year of Higher specialty is 30th September every year.
M.D. / M.S.
The minimum period of training for obtaining these degrees shall be three calendar years.
The minimum period of training for these degrees shall be two calendar years, after obtaining M.D., M.S. degrees, or equivalent recognized qualification.